Wednesday 5 February 2014

Lino-printing

A couple of weeks ago I enjoyed a lino-printing workshop with Sarah Morrish. This is a relief printing technique which is similar to wood engraving. This course was great at teaching the proper techniques and allowed me to ask questions about problems I had trying it out.

Shell lino cut 
I have included some images of the work I have done so far. I enjoyed being able to experiment. For me it was important to have a rough design idea traced out then work free hand with the tools. In that way I used the tools much like I use a brush to accentuate the lines. I also discovered mistakes where I left some of the lino behind added character particularly with the shell markings. I like the water movements in the punting lino-print which were done free-hand by thinking about the movement. The Barcelona figures is perhaps the least finished but I like the shadows so have left it for now.

Cambridge Punting

Let me know what you think? I hope to do more and perhaps use some different colours, I particularly want to try sepia. I am planning to sell them as cards or prints.


Barcelona figures

No comments:

Post a Comment